Lice can become a source of trouble if it gets unnoticed for a very long time. With all the constant itching and irritation, your child will be uncomfortable all the time. Lice is contagious through physical contact; you cannot stop your children from going to school or playing outside. The best way is to preserve by the use of medications and taking care of their health.
There are many times it gets undetected, but there are many common ways by which you can know that you or your children have lice or not. Common signs and symptoms of lice infestation can include:
- If there is a constant itching in the scalp, neck, and ears
- Use a Lice comb that will make sure that you have lice or not.
- You can find visible lice eggs on the hair shafts.
How to get rid of Lice?
There are many ways to get rid of Lice, the first way is to use pesticides, and the other way is by using home remedies. Both the ways yield results. Natural home remedy sounds cool, right? We are going to discuss the most effective natural home remedy that you can use:
- Wash hair with Vinegar- Take some warm water and mix vinegar in that, now use that concentration to wash your hair. Vinegar has properties that can kill nits and lice.
- Use a Mixture of Essential Oil- You can use a mixture of essential oils to get rid of lice. The way to prepare them is as follows:
- Take 50 ml of coconut oil
- Mix it with 2 to 3 drops of essential tea tree oil
- Mix it with 50 mL of apple cider vinegar.
- Finally, add 2 to 3 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil
- Comb your hair when it is wet- Use a fine-tooth comb and drive it around all parts of your hair so that every point of your hair gets combed properly. The third step is to run a fine-tooth comb through your whole hair, going through each section carefully to make sure that every part of your hair gets combed properly.
- Wash Your Clothes- Lice can be transmitted through brushes, combs, hats, pillowcases or bed sheets. Therefore, it is always advisable to wash all your belongings and never share stuff such as comb, hats, pillows, and towels.
- Use a Blow Dryer- This method is well known for killing nits rather than removing Lice. So, it is a smart idea to use Blow Dryer to get rid of lice.
- Use Smoothening Agent- There are famous smoothening agent substance available in your home, the most common one is petroleum jelly (Vaseline), olive oil, butter, or mayonnaise. Apply these and leave them overnight.
There is a famous saying that states that ‘Prevention is better than the cure’. So, if you want to protect your scalp from Lice, the best way is to eat a balance diet and take proper care of your health. Also, most of the people have question that how long will my head itch after lice are gone the answer is soon after the Lice are gone completely.